Your next trip to Eastern Quebec, the essentials!
It's vacation time!
Many vacationers will have chosen this year to visit our province, and obviously discover our beautiful region of Eastern Quebec! Here in early July, I offer you my personal guide to the essentials for your next trip to Eastern Quebec! Especially for the occasion, I have put together a list of the must-see places to visit as well as a list of things not to forget to make your trip a success!
For your getaway to be successful, you will first need a light-hearted, fun-loving travel partner, a good playlist to keep you humming along on the road, as well as a hat or scarf to hold down your hair from flapping in the wind blowing through your open windows!
First, in order to free your melodious voice, I cooked up a special-purpose playlist! It is available right here on Spotify!
To display and listen to the playlist in Spotify, click here or on the picture!
1. Stop for lunch at the Cantine Côtière in Bic, the new take-out counter of not-to-be-missed Chez St-Pierre restaurant in Bic.
2. Enjoy a moment of fun and maritime beauty with a kayaking trip at Parc National du Bic. Or, go and see the magnificent view at the top of Pic Champlain!
3. If a simple stroll speaks to you more, go visit Hell's Gate Canyon (possibility of going on a fishing trip!) or even the Neigette falls in Rimouski.
4. Visit downtown Rimouski and discover St-Germain Street and its merchants and stop for dinner at Crêpe Chignon. (Don't forget to reserve). Then come see the local products at the Public Market Saturdays or maybe the craft makers on Sundays in August at Espace Métiers D'Art BSL located in the Parc de la Gare of Rimouski!
5. Continue your journey along the river and stop at Ste-Luce beach!
6. Visit the majestic and flowering Reford Gardens (Don't forget your camera!)
7. Try the great regional beers like that of the Octant microbrewery, or go for a drink at sunset at the Ketch in Ste-Flavie!
Also, I got wind that for getting around, a camper van that I stylized is still available for rent in Rimouski at Rikiki Camper!
(and some of my products ☺️)
1. The cook book Recettes et propos salés of Jardin de la mer(Kamouraska).
2. One of my Bandana scarves, to keep your hair in place from the Lower Saint-Lawrence winds!
3. What would a trip be without a hat! The most beautiful caps in Quebec are those handwoven in Montreal by Linum and screen printed in Rimouski by myself! They have a perfect maritime look for your trip!
4. Your little storage pouch for cosmetics,
5. Travel kit and tote bag for your activities of the day!
6. Your case for fishing line made by Chantal Poirier from the studio OUT, for your fishing trip!
7. Obviously, a good comfortable sweater for the fire at the end of the evening!
To see my entire collection, so you don't miss any other travel essentials, visit my website! You will find several products imbued with maritime inspiration, that will make you want to travel in Eastern Quebec!
Have a good trip!